Getting started with OQLIS
OQLIS is a powerful solution, and simple to use for technical people. For those who aren’t technical at all can still find the process fairly simple, watch this short clip below to get started and begin the journey to visualising your data.
What is Business Intelligence (BI) Software as a Service (SaaS)?
Software as a Service business intelligence (SaaS BI) is a delivery model for business intelligence in which applications are typically deployed outside of a company’s firewall at a hosted location and accessed by an end user with a secure Internet connection. Also known as on-demand BI or cloud BI, the technology is sold by vendors on a subscription or pay-as-you-go basis instead of the more traditional software licensing model with annual maintenance fees.
What are the advantages of the OQLIS BI SaaS offering?
- SaaS BI lets companies use BI tools without having to install, operate and maintain them on-premise, freeing customers to concentrate on creating BI reports and analytic queries.
- Organization’s can potentially start using SaaS BI technology more quickly than waiting for the installation of on-premise software, and the SaaS approach enables them to expand their BI systems as usage grows without having to make any capital-equipment purchases.
- SaaS BI can be a good choice when there’s little or no appetite for buying BI software and related hardware. Because there aren’t any upfront purchase costs or additional staffing requirements needed to manage the system.
- Total cost of ownership (TCO) is substantially lower than it is with on-premise software.
Is my Data secure when I use OQLIS analytics?
Yes, OQLIS uses the following measures to ensure that data is secure
- The OQLIS web site is protected by 256-bit encryption and secure Https authentication.
- OQLIS accesses the database with a read only user that is created by the customers’ database custodian, and can be removed at any time.
- A single IP address is registered on port 1433 of a customer’s firewall, to ensure that only OQLIS server can connect using a read only user on the database.
- The customer designated administrator assigns security rights to all users that log onto the system, this includes the rights to view and change any reports within the system. NO users can alter data.
- The customer database architect is responsible for creating query structures for database explore functionality and assigning these rows and tables within the database to the authorised stakeholders.
Who Owns My Data?
You as the customer own your data, OQLIS does not store your data on its servers but only the result at the time at query. This means that your data will remain on your server where the data is housed and does not leave your server.
Where is the OQLIS platform housed?
OQLIS is housed in the MTN data centre in Gauteng.
Can OQLIS scale as per my business needs?
Yes, the OQLIS platform is designed to scale as per ongoing customers’ requirements, and in theory is unlimited. The only limitation is based on the capacity of the MTN’s data centre infrastructure. Further all queries are conducted on the database at the origin, reducing reliance on bandwidth and infrastructure.
Does Oqlis offer and on-premise BI Offering?
Yes, we understand that certain customers and industries will not adopted off premise solutions due their industries and legislation.
Which databases does OQLIS connect to?
OQLIS can connect to various databases, MySQL, MySQL SSH, Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, Big Google Query, CSV and Excel.
Does OQLIS use a proprietary query language?
No, OQLIS uses SQL queries, thereby ensuring access to skills and not “reinventing the wheel” when it comes to setting up customer explores.