Getting Started with Oqlis Business Analytics
Getting started with OQLIS
OQLIS is a powerful business analytics solution, and simple to use for technical people. For those who aren’t technical at all can still find the process fairly simple, watch this short clip below to get started and begin the journey to visualising your data.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
What is Business Intelligence (BI) Software as a Service (SaaS)?
Software as a Service business intelligence (SaaS BI) is a delivery model for business intelligence in which applications are typically deployed outside of a company’s firewall at a hosted location and accessed by an end user with a secure Internet connection. Also known as on-demand BI or cloud BI, the technology is sold by vendors on a subscription or pay-as-you-go basis instead of the more traditional software licensing model with annual maintenance fees.
What are the advantages of the OQLIS BI SaaS offering?
- SaaS BI lets companies use BI tools without having to install, operate and maintain them on-premise, freeing customers to concentrate on creating BI reports and analytic queries.
- Organization’s can potentially start using SaaS BI technology more quickly than waiting for the installation of on-premise software, and the SaaS approach enables them to expand their BI systems as usage grows without having to make any capital-equipment purchases.
- SaaS BI can be a good choice when there’s little or no appetite for buying BI software and related hardware. Because there aren’t any upfront purchase costs or additional staffing requirements needed to manage the system.
- Total cost of ownership (TCO) is substantially lower than it is with on-premise software.
Is my Data secure when I use OQLIS analytics?
Yes, OQLIS uses the following measures to ensure that data is secure
- The OQLIS web site is protected by 256-bit encryption and secure Https authentication.
- OQLIS accesses the database with a read only user that is created by the customers’ database custodian, and can be removed at any time.
- A single IP address is registered on port 1433 of a customer’s firewall, to ensure that only OQLIS server can connect using a read only user on the database.
- The customer designated administrator assigns security rights to all users that log onto the system, this includes the rights to view and change any reports within the system. NO users can alter data.
- The customer database architect is responsible for creating query structures for database explore functionality and assigning these rows and tables within the database to the authorised stakeholders.
Who Owns My Data?
You as the customer own your data, OQLIS does not store your data on its servers but only the result at the time of the SQL query. This means that your data will remain on your server where the data is housed and does not leave your server.
Where is the OQLIS platform housed?
OQLIS is housed in various datacenters around the globe, namely Google Cloud and Digital Oceans Cloud Platform.
Can OQLIS scale as per my business needs?
Yes, the OQLIS platform is designed to scale as per ongoing customers’ requirements, and in theory is unlimited. The only limitation is based on the capacity of our or your datacentre infrastructure. All queries are conducted on the database at the origin, reducing reliance on bandwidth and infrastructure
Does OQLIS offer and on-premise BI Offering?
Yes, we understand that certain customers and industries will not adopted off premise solutions due to data sovereignty and legislation. For this purpose OQLIS can be installed on both a Microsoft platform (Windows Server & Microsoft SQL) or alternatively on Open source technology (Linux Ubuntu with MySQL).
Which databases does OQLIS connect to?
OQLIS can connect to various databases, MySQL, MySQL SSH, Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, Big Google Query, CSV and Excel.
Does OQLIS use a proprietary query language?
No, OQLIS uses SQL queries and stored procedures, thereby ensuring access to skills and not “reinventing the wheel” when it comes to setting up customer queries.
Can OQLIS share dashboard and embed these dashboards in various different applications?
Yes, each dashboard can be share and embedded into a public facing website or application. This is done by means of a embedded iframe or an API connection string.
How easy is it to train new users to use the Oqlis platform?
OQLIS has developed an “in application help function” that assist any business user to navigate through the various functional screens and makes the process super simple. Technical resources are usually only required to setup data connections and data models, however OQLIS can connect to existing database views and stored procedures.
Does OQLIS support self-service initiatives for BI users to develop their own reporting?
Yes, OQLIS is designed to make the data journey for any business user super simple from the developer (Explore screen) to a functional dashboard, this is achieved by adding easy to adopt shortcut keys in the menus of each screen, as well as a intuitive drag and drop canvas to interactively create various views of your data.